Crime rates in Indianapolis are more than double that for the rest of the state. To combat crime rates, the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD) launched the growing B-link Indy program in 2020. The Indy Public Safety Foundation powers the program and links security cameras with IMPD to enhance public safety. B-link Indy cameras have been instrumental in solving homicides, vehicle theft, and many other crimes.
As the most prolific B-Link Indy integrator, Hoosier Security has proven its dedication to partnering with local law enforcement to make our community safer. Hoosier Security connects business cameras with IMPD’s incident Analysis Center for live stream video access to:
- Provide instant evidence
- Speed IMPD response
- Rapidly speed-up investigations
- Enhance community safety
- Deter criminals
Customers appreciate the long-standing partnership between Hoosier Security and IMPD. As the most successful B-link Indy integrator, Hoosier has installed the vast majority of the live cameras in the program (see heatmap).
Businesses that participate in the B-link Indy Pro program through Hoosier Security have:
- Security cameras that are connected to the IMPD Incident Analysis Center.
- Access to commercial-grade surveillance systems that can integrate with your current security system.
- Professionally installed, streamlined cameras that blend into their environment and building façade.
- Hoosier Security provides added flexibility by utilizing non-proprietary equipment, eliminating the need for multi-year service agreements.
B-Link Indy is NOT a monitoring service. Cameras will not be monitored by IMPD. Instead, the footage is used if a crime or incident occurs in proximity to your location. The police cannot access your cameras without your express consent and will always ask permission. You will have access to your cameras any time you wish.